Tempt My Tummy…. Homemade Butter Dipped Biscuits

by Lisa on January 28, 2013

Oh my, do I have a good find for you!  I really never make homemade biscuits.  I am happy with the convenience of canned biscuits on a Saturday morning.  There! I said it!  But, on Friday I found, what looked to be, a great recipe for homemade biscuits.  The recipe looked so easy.  I decided I would surprise my sweet, well deserving hubby with homemade biscuits on Saturday morning.  He LOVES biscuits and when I told him my plan – he was more than thrilled.

As you probably guessed, I found the recipe on Pinterest.  Also, because I think it is important to give credit where credit is due, I am going to give you the LINK to the original recipe at The Country Cook blog.  The best thing about this recipe – it is so easy and my biscuits looked just like hers’ when they came out of the oven.  So exciting when you know your recipe came out just right.  :-)

Butter dipped biscuits - blessedwithgrace.net

Homemade Butter Dipped Biscuits

Ingredients:
  • 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 4 tsp. granulated sugar
  • 4 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 tsp. kosher salt
  • 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
  2. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
  3. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt stick of butter in the microwave.
  4. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
  5. Pour in the buttermilk. Stir until a loose dough forms. The batter will be a sticky.
  6. Press biscuit dough into baking dish (right on top of the melted butter).  Use your fingers to press it into the dish.
  7. Take a sharp knife and cut the biscuit dough into 9 squares before baking.
  8. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, rotating dish once during baking.

These biscuits are so wonderful, and the buttery goodness is awesome – and yes – sinful!  Oh my word!  My family thought I was pretty awesome, after serving up these homemade biscuits.  You have to give them a try!

Homemade butter dipped biscuits - at Blessedwithgrace.net

Don’t miss out on any recipes.  Subscribe and receive Blessed With Grace in your email.  Also, join us on Facebook.

Countrified Hicks January 28, 2013 at 9:44 pm

Thank you for allowing me to link up with you again this week. My submission this week is #20, Homemade Reeses.

Linda@With A Blast January 28, 2013 at 10:41 pm

Thanks for hosting,Lisa! Those biscuits look great :-)

Miz Helen January 28, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Your Biscuits look so good we just love biscuits. Hope you are having a good week and thanks for hosting.

Lisa January 28, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Thanks so much for hosting! Have a great week. :-)

Karen January 28, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Just found out about your link up and had to stop by. I linked up my Chicken Broccoli Tater Tot Casserole.
I have to say that those biscuits look and sound delicious. I have got to try them. Thanks for sharing.

Bonnie @ the pin junkie January 28, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Thanks for hosting. I’m hosting my very first link party and you’re welcome to join in and link up at http://thepinjunkie.blogspot.com/2013/01/friday-link-party.html

April @ The 21st Century Housewife January 29, 2013 at 2:29 am

Oh my those biscuits looks amazing! I love how easy the recipe is too. Thank you for sharing it, Lisa, and for hosting :)

Diane Balch January 29, 2013 at 6:40 am

Wow, the biscuits look amazing.. such a beautiful crust… Thanks for the party.

Julia January 29, 2013 at 8:47 am

My mouth is watering! Thanks for hosting… off to find some recipes for next week. :-)

Julia @ Mom on the Run x2

Helen January 29, 2013 at 2:31 pm

ohh I wanta biscuit now lol! those look delicious!

Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile January 30, 2013 at 1:22 am

Lisa,
Thank you for hosting another fun party.
I am having a link party going on now over at memoriesbythemile.com
Hope you’ll come on over.
Thanks,
Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

The Home Heart January 30, 2013 at 10:49 am

I’ve nominated you for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award and the Blog of the Year Award 2012! Click the link for more info. http://thehomeheart.wordpress.com/2013/01/30/sisterhood-of-the-world-bloggers-award-and-blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ Blessings!

April @ Angel's Homestead January 30, 2013 at 1:21 pm

Thank you for hosting. :) This week I shared White Chocolate Cherry Cookies. I’d love if you’d share one of your yummy recipes on my Saturday Spotlight Linky Party too. Have a great week!

TiffanyJane January 30, 2013 at 9:06 pm

YUM!! :) They look great!

Erika Monroe-Williams January 30, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Thanks so much for hosting another wonderful party!! I’d be honored if you’d come share some of your dishes (like those beautiful biscuits!) on my link party that went live this morning! – Erika :)