Oh my, do I have a good find for you! I really never make homemade biscuits. I am happy with the convenience of canned biscuits on a Saturday morning. There! I said it! But, on Friday I found, what looked to be, a great recipe for homemade biscuits. The recipe looked so easy. I decided I would surprise my sweet, well deserving hubby with homemade biscuits on Saturday morning. He LOVES biscuits and when I told him my plan – he was more than thrilled.
As you probably guessed, I found the recipe on Pinterest. Also, because I think it is important to give credit where credit is due, I am going to give you the LINK to the original recipe at The Country Cook blog. The best thing about this recipe – it is so easy and my biscuits looked just like hers’ when they came out of the oven. So exciting when you know your recipe came out just right.
Homemade Butter Dipped Biscuits
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp. granulated sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt stick of butter in the microwave.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in the buttermilk. Stir until a loose dough forms. The batter will be a sticky.
- Press biscuit dough into baking dish (right on top of the melted butter). Use your fingers to press it into the dish.
- Take a sharp knife and cut the biscuit dough into 9 squares before baking.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, rotating dish once during baking.
These biscuits are so wonderful, and the buttery goodness is awesome – and yes – sinful! Oh my word! My family thought I was pretty awesome, after serving up these homemade biscuits. You have to give them a try!