Tempt My Tummy… Pineapple Ham Slices and Lemon Brownies

by Lisa on February 4, 2013

I cooked a simple and very tasty meal recently and wanted to share it.  When the 5 year old kept asking for more helpings, I knew I had a winner meal.   The only bad news…. I did not grab a picture of the ham before I served dinner.  I know! What was I thinking?  Anyway, picture or not, I wanted to share this super easy and yummy ham steak recipe.

Pineapple Ham Slices

• 2 dinner ham steaks
  • 2 Tbsp. dark brown sugar (I used light brown sugar.)
  • 1 can Chunk or Sliced Pineapple in juice, set aside 1/8 to 1/4 cup juice  (I used 1/4 cup.)

Place juice in skillet.  Stir in brown sugar.  If after the sugar is dissolved, and the “sauce” is too thin, add more brown sugar.  When dissolved, place ham on top; turn once.  Brown both sides till heated through.  After ham is heated, remove ham from skillet and set aside on a plate. Cover with foil.  Now, add the pineapple to skillet and let it cook in the juice until heated.  To serve, pour the pineapple pieces and juice over ham.

This ham is moist and delicious!

Also, I have to share a link to the yummiest lemon bars I made for a Super Bowl party, yesterday.  If you love lemon -and I mean VERY zesty lemon flavoring- then you will LOVE this recipe.  Check out BeckyCharms.com for a these Lemony Lemon Brownies recipe.  I DID grab a few pictures while baking this lemony treat!

Lemony lemon brownies-blessedwithgrace.net

• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Tart Lemon Glaze
  • 1 rounded cup powdered sugar
  • 4 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 8 teaspoons lemon zest

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease/Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with butter/cooking spray and set aside.
  2. Zest and juice 3-4 large lemons; set aside.
  3. In the mixing bowl beat the flour, sugar, salt, and softened butter until combined.
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined. Pour into the flour mixture and beat at medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
  5. Pour into baking dish and bake for 23-25 minutes, or until just starting to turn golden around the edges and a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before glazing.  Do not overbake, or the bars will be dry.
  6. When brownies are cooled completely, make the glaze…sift the powdered sugar, add lemon zest and juice, and whisk together all three ingredients.  Pour the glaze over the brownies.   This glaze does not completely harden.  Cut into bars and serve.

Lemon Brownies - blessedwithgrace.net

Don’t miss out on any recipes.  Subscribe and receive Blessed With Grace in your email.  Also, join us on Facebook.

Miz Helen February 4, 2013 at 7:39 pm

Yum, Lemon Brownies, sounds so good for dessert. Thanks for hosting and have a great week.

KT February 4, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Thanks for hosting!

Creatively Melissa February 4, 2013 at 9:31 pm

Thank you for hosting!

Lisa February 4, 2013 at 10:41 pm

Thanks for hosting! I had never heard of lemon brownies. They look really good.

April @ Angel's Homestead February 4, 2013 at 11:00 pm

Thank you for hosting Lisa. :) This week I shared my Stuffed Crust Bacon Double Cheeseburger Pizza Have a great week!

April @ The 21st Century Housewife February 5, 2013 at 2:29 am

Your Pineapple Ham Slices do sound delicious, and those lemon brownies are right up my street! I love sharp lemon flavour so they are perfect for me :) This week I’ve shared an easy and delicious fish recipe that is fast to make and good for you too. Thank you for hosting.

Kim of Mo'Betta February 5, 2013 at 5:43 am

Thanks for hosting, and putting visions of lemon brownies in my head! YUM!

Diane Balch February 5, 2013 at 6:36 am

Thanks for the party your pineapple ham sounds like just the thing to brighten up the winter.

Mary Hudak-Collins February 5, 2013 at 7:54 am

Lisa, I used to make ham similar to this a long time ago, and now wondering why I ever stopped LOL. Add a baked sweet potato along side and whala! A ready-made meal :) Thanks for sharing, and thanks for hosting! I’m sharing a ‘childhood’ favorite this week :)

Raise Them Up February 5, 2013 at 8:18 am

Ha! I just posted about Orange Brownies, lol! Must be the day for fruity brownies. :) I’m going to have to try these! Thanks for sharing!

Sarah February 5, 2013 at 8:40 am

Hello! I just wanted to say thank you for hosting the party and let you know that I have one going on as well. I’d love it if you would share a favorite recipe or two over at Man Approved Diet.

The Busy Bee's February 5, 2013 at 10:52 am

Thanks for hosting. We shared 3 recipes.

The Busy Bee’s,
Myrna and Joye.

Erika Monroe-Williams February 5, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Those lemon brownies look delicious!! Thanks for sharing and for hosting such a great party, Lisa!! – Erika :)

Katie B. of HousewifeHowTos.com February 5, 2013 at 12:49 pm

Thank you for hosting, Lisa. I’d love if you’d come join my How To Tuesday Link Party, too!

Charlotte Moore February 5, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Never heard of lemon brownies, but I do love lemon cake, muffins, bars, etc. These look so moist and delicate. I could eat one or two now.

Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile February 5, 2013 at 10:16 pm

Thank you for hosting. Love the lemon brownies.
My link party is going on now too! would love for you to come by at
Wanda Ann