Tempt My Tummy….Sausage and Potato Soup

by Lisa on March 18, 2013

I know some of you are experience “spring time”.  But, here in the Midwest, IT IS STILL COLD!  We had snow flurries, yesterday, while at church.  Seriously!  So, the food I am still craving and wanting is warm and comforting for a cold night with the family.  So, that will explain why I am sharing this sausage and potato soup.  If you are past hot soup for a winter’s night, maybe you can bookmark this recipe for next winter. LOL!  :-)

Bowl of warm creamy potato soup - Blessedwithgrace.net

Sausage and Potato Soup

• 1 pound Italian sausage
  • 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
  • 1 Tbsp jarred minced garlic
  • 2 large potatoes, diced
  • 2 – 14 oz cans chicken broth
  • 4 cups water
  • 2 cups kale leaves, chopped
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream

Place sausage, onions, and garlic in a large pot and cook until onions are translucent.  Add potatoes, broth, and water.  Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer 15-20 minutes.  Just before serving, stir in kale and heavy cream.

Isn’t that easy?  Try serving is with a toasted bread with a crunch.  I hope you enjoy.

Don’t miss out on any recipes.  Subscribe and receive Blessed With Grace in your email.  Also, join us on Facebook.

Lisa March 18, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Thanks for hosting! Have a great week.

madge | the vegetarian casserole queen March 19, 2013 at 5:35 am

Definitely no where near spring in my neck of the woods, either. Keep the soups coming!

Kim of Mo'Betta March 19, 2013 at 6:12 am

I’ve recently made a similar soup and it was delicious! Today I’ve linked up Chicken and Dumpling Casserole – perfect comfort food on a chilly day. I promise it tastes better than it looks ;-)

Diane Balch March 19, 2013 at 7:26 am

We got the same weather here in NY. Had a snow storm last night. Thanks for the party.

karen March 19, 2013 at 9:19 am

thta soup looks yummy and perfect for cold weather. We had snow here again in CT so I can’t wait to eat the pot roast I’m slow cooking all day. Thanks for hosting

Hollie March 19, 2013 at 10:43 am

It’s still cold where we are, too, so your soup looks incredibly inviting… thanks for hosting!

Lori @ A Bright and Beautiful Life March 19, 2013 at 2:05 pm

This looks and sounds like one perfect soup. I’m eager to try it.

Sarah March 19, 2013 at 8:51 pm

I’m nominating you for the Liebster Award! You can find out the details about it here: http://manapproveddiet.com/2013/03/19/liebster-award

Anjana March 19, 2013 at 11:06 pm

Thanks for hosting! Its my first time here.

Katie B. of HousewifeHowTos.com March 20, 2013 at 3:09 pm

I’m with you, Lisa — it still feels like winter where I live in Kansas. Brrrr! Your soup looks like just the thing for a chilly night, too. I wanted to invite you to join my How To Tuesday link party, if you haven’t already joined . It would be wonderful to have you!

Sarah March 25, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Hello!
Just wanted to share that I have a recipe party going on over at Man Approved Diet. I’d love for you to stop by and bring a dish to share!
Sarah