Welcome to another Tempt My Tummy. I am always inspired and pleased to see you come back, week after week. Thank you for your participation in this community of cooks, sharing your recipes- both new and family favorites.
I am always needing new recipe for brunch or breakfast and this week is no exception. I need a new recipe for and upcoming MOPS meeting. That got me thinking about a recipe I had not made in a while. Today I am sharing that recipe. I first tasted this coffee cake some 10 years ago while staying at a bed and breakfast. I bought the B&B’s cookbook and I have enjoyed trying out their recipes ever since. I hope you will enjoy this one with me. I know my mom’s group will love it, served with a hot cup of coffee and some fresh fruit.
Easy Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy: 1 stick soft butter, 1 cups sugar, and 8 oz. nonfat cream cheese.
- Add: 2 eggs, 1/4 cup milk, and 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Combine 1 3/4 cup flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1/2 tsp baking soda. Add to cream cheese mixture, beating at low until well-blended.
- Spread batter into greased and floured 9×13 pan.
- Dollop with: 1/2 cup preserves, such as peach, apricot, raspberry or your favorite. Swirl through preserves with a knife. (My favorite is pineapple preserves.)
- Bake at 350 about 30 minutes or until cake pulls from side of pan. Cool slightly on rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Serves 12 – 15. (Recipe may be halved.)