Until recently, I had never had linguine with clam sauce and definitely never tried to cook it. I figured it was a complicated recipe and did not want to bother…. Boy was I wrong!! This is a quick and easy recipe. Do you have a group of people coming over for dinner and not much time to prepare? Or, maybe just dinner for your family, and everyone is hungry and in a hurry…. you need to try this recipe. This linguine with clam sauce recipe takes about 15 minutes – TOTAL! And, to make it even better… my 5 1/2 year old daughter LOVED IT! WOO HOO! This will become a regular at our home. Just add the linguine, and cans of whole baby clams to my pantry staple list…and I will be good to go!
Linguine with Clam Sauce
- 1 box linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (10-ounce) cans whole baby clams, drain the juice and save for later!!!
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces clam juice (use from the drained cans of clams)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano
- Cook linguine according to package directions until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and saute 2 minutes, until tender. Add clams and saute 2 minutes. Add oregano, salt and pepper and stir to coat. Add clam juice, chicken broth and dry white wine and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour clam sauce over drained linguine, add parsley and toss to combine. Top with Parmesan just before serving.
So easy… I hope you will try it and see you have a new quick and easy recipe to add to your recipe repertoire. Whip this up and serve with a Caesar salad and crunch french bread…. now that is a great meal.
*picture from istockphoto.com